Tuesday, May 15, 2012

SAN ANGELO

We had a short trip on to San Angelo enjoying the massive wind farms that walk across the plains like giant white aliens. I like the concept of this industry which brings us energy with little side effects and creates a positive industry and jobs throughout Texas.


WIND FARM

As the sun rises over the west Texas horizon, and the doves and bob whites call outside my window, I am contemplating this journey so far and thinking about where we are going next. We have been welcomed here in San Angelo by my cousin Sybil and husband Norvelle. They have shared their lifestyle and fed and toured us and given us a dose of their sweet, loving selves, served up with a dose of sassy.



We are humbled by such beautiful people and both Michael and I have been renewed by the experience.

We stayed at a San Angelo state park near the town, which was lovely and quiet, a far cry from the “freeway rv park” we had in Clyde!  Today we head towards Marfa, where I was born, and where a number of avant garde artists of various genres have created a “destination” art community in the old Texas town.
BLOOMING CACTUS AT SAN ANGELO STATE PARK

No comments:

Post a Comment